Super easy and quick butter chicken recipe. It’s cooked probably by every mom in the world cause it’s like Mozart or Bach in classical music. Enjoy this simplified butter chicken version recipe.
Total Time: 50 minutes
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minute
- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast(910 g), cubed
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons chili powder, divided
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 ½ cups yellow onion(225 g), diced
- 3 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cinnamon, 3 inch (8 cm) stick
- 14 oz tomato sauce(395 g)
- 1 cup water(240 mL)
- 1 cup heavy cream(240 mL)
- rice, for serving
- fresh cilantro, chopped for garnish
- In a large bowl, season the chicken breast with salt, pepper, 1 teaspoon of chili powder, and the teaspoon of turmeric. Let sit for 15 minutes to marinate.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large pot over medium heat. Brown the chicken, then remove from the pot.
- Melt another 2 tablespoons of butter in the pot, then add the onion, garam masala, remaining teaspoon of chili powder, the cumin, ginger, garlic, cayenne, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Cook until fragrant.
- Add the tomato sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Add the water and cream and return to a simmer.
- Return the chicken to the pot, cover, and simmer for another 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in the last 2 tablespoons of butter and season with more salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the chicken over rice and garnish with cilantro.